The Federal Radiation Council was established in 1959. In Dec. 1970 it was abolished and its functions were transferred to the Radiation Office of the Environmental Protection Agency. In 1971 the name of the Radiation Office was changed to Office of Radiation Programs.Works by these bodies are found under the following headings according to the name used at the time of publication:Federal Radiation Council (U.S.)United States. Environmental Protection Agency. Radiation Office.United States. Environmental Protection Agency. Office of Radiation Programs.SUBJECT ENTRY: Works about these bodies are entered under the name used during the latest period covered.